We have to take Covid 19 seriously so I have made some major adjustments to how your appointment is conducted. I have cross referenced Safe Guidance formulated from treating NHS staff at the crisis point of the pandemic in June 2020 and using the British Acupuncture Council’s safe practices.
- Face to face consultations will be risk assessed to ensure the potential contagion between patient and practitioner is considered low risk before an ‘in-person’ treatment is offered. The appointment is now broken into ‘video consult’ (ideally done between a few hours or up to 24 hours and if needed) before ‘in person’ treatments. We will consult to see whether you will need a zoom so speak with me before you book one.
- Face masks must be worn by both patient and practitioner throughout the appointment.
- Close contact time should be kept to a minimum- 25 minutes is the advised time limit. I have adapted my treatment methods to good effect so you will still get the same results from treatment.
- I currently test twice a week to keep everyone safe.
How It Works
- You will be temperature checked before you can come into the clinic with a thermal thermometer at a distance.
- I will be wearing scrubs that I change into on arrival at the start of each clinic session.
- We will both wash our hands before the treatment.
- I will be wearing a suitable mask. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one I can provide one for you. I will have visors too as an optional extra if I need to use close contact points on the face.
- Please wear very loose and easy access clothing- the less that needs to be taken off the better.
- Please bring your own blanket if you get cold .
- I will be leaving the room for 15 mins to allow you to rest whilst the needles are in, unless the treatment room is adequately distanced and ventilated.
- The room will be aerated for 15 mins and cleaned between each patient, with anti bac and anti viral sprays.
It may seem a bit daunting at first but I can assure you it is still me behind the mask and I have been working like this for over a year so have the whole routine down to an art.